The present page proposes to describe and analyze the meaning of Carlos and also his origin.
The page contains references to History with the name Carlos or similar, to emphasize its meaning. The page also provides an opt-in option where you can write what you think about the meaning of Carlos or describe someone whose name is Carlos. Carlos’ meaning is, as you will see below, is of Teutonic origin.
Carlos is a very common given name, especially in Brazil and Portugal. The most popular male variations are Karl, Carl and Charles in English-speaking countries.
The popularity descends from a long noble lineage who used the name Carlos.
There are also many female forms like Charlotte and Carla. Carlos and Carla are the third most popular names in many Spanish-speaking countries. The meaning of Carlos has Teutonic origin, and it means “Farmer” or “Lavrador”.
3. Historical reference with the name Carlos
Below is a list of names of famous characters named Carlos.
- Karol Józef Wojtyła (Blessed John Paul II)
- Charles I of Spain (Charles V)
- Charles XVI Gustaf of Sweden, the current King of Sweden
- Prince Charles Philip, Duke of Värmland, Prince of Sweden
- Prince Charles, Duke of Västergötland
- Carlos Magno
- São Carlos Borromeu
- Karl Marx
- Carl Ballantine (1917-2009), american actor
- Carl Barks
- Carl Crawford
- Carl Barat
- Carl Bildt
- Carl L. Boeckmann
- Carl Brashear, US Navy Diving Master
- Carl Edwards
- Carl Fogarty
- Carl-Peter Forster
- Carl Friedrich Gauss
- Carl Grubert
- Carl August Hagberg, Swedish linguist
- Carl Jung
- Carl Karcher
- Carl Kasell, American radio celebrity
- Carl Lewis
- Carl Linnaeus (Carl von Linné)
- Carl Orff
- Carl Pursell, american politician
- Carl Reiner, American actor, director and comedian
- Carl Rogers, American psychologist and psychotherapist
- Carl Sagan, astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, popularizer of science and spokesperson for American science.
- Carl Sandburg
- Carl Schueler, American racewalker
- Carl Maria von Weber, german composer
- Carl Weathers
- Carl Wieland
- Carl Wilson
- Carl Yastrzemski
- Carl Zeiss